Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Holiday Recipe Spectacular - Side Dish - Glazed Sweet Potatoes

This has been one of my favorite Thanskgiving treats-even beyond childhood!  So delectable, and why wouldn't it be?  Sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar!  Another one of my mom's recipes, but I've been using real sweet potatoes.  And I always add more than a 1/2 cup of marshmallows, I can't resist! 
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1 c packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 c butter or margarine
  • 1/4 t salt
  • ½ c miniature marshmallows

Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Boil sliced sweet potatoes until tender.  Drain.  Combine sugar, butter & salt in skillet.  Cook & stir over medium heat until bubbly. Add sweet potatoes. Cover & cook 10 minutes over low heat. Uncover, cook 10 minutes longer, basting frequently.  Add marshmallows.