Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Recipe Spectacular - Pumpkin Tiramisu



Okay, I promise to post something that's not a dessert for my next recipe.  Because all these holiday sweets just make me want to eat!  But...I couldn't help myself when I found this recipe.  I LOVE TIRAMISU. It's  my favorite dessert of all time.





  • 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese*
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
  • 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg)
  • 2 (3-ounce) packages halved ladyfingers
  • 1/4 cup rum
  • 2 ounces crushed amaretti cookies*

*Mascarpone cheese (Italian cream cheese) and amaretti cookies (Italian macaroons) are available at many supermarkets and Italian markets, Ask for help if you can't find them!

Beat whipping cream and sugar until peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice; beat just until filling is smooth.
Line bottom of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with 1 package ladyfingers, overlapping and crowding to fit. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons rum. Spread half of filling over ladyfingers.
Repeat with second package ladyfingers, remaining 2 tablespoons rum, and remaining filling. Smooth. Wrap tightly in plastic, then foil. Chill overnight.
To unmold, run knife around inside edge of pan. Release pan sides; sprinkle with amaretti cookies.

Happy Eating Friends! ~ Trina




.