Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Party Fit For....A 2-Year-Old

If you saw my post about my 5-year-old's big bash-you'd totally get the title of my post.  Callie's birthday party took two days to prepare for; and a lot of cash.  She likes a lot of pink, lots of glitz, and of course, lots of guests. Clayton on the other hand-he likes quiet.  He doesn't like strangers, and he doesn't like a crowd.  So for once in my life, I finally looked forward to a birthday party.

There wasn't twenty kids running around on a sugar-high, or more presents than we'd know what to do with, or strange people and awkward conversations where you're just trying to fill the silence.  We had a few friends, and just a small number of kiddos.

I realized, this is what life's about.  Spending time with good friends, having good food and drink, and having great conversation with people you truly care about.  It just so happens....Clayton has it figured out.  You don't need the glitz, the glam...and the crowds to have a great life.  Now, if I can just get Callie to figure that out....

No comments: