Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Anti-Chicken Fingers Movement ~ Alfredo with Grilled Chicken

Callie and I went to visit my brother, sister-in-law and niece Aubrey this weekend.  He cooked all weekend, which of course, I totally can appreciate & enjoy.  This meal was amazing...he loves cooking and it totally comes out in his food.  He doesn't skimp on fat, so I noted where I would make changes (he actually uses the jar alfredo sauce and loves it).  I will definitely make this meal again!  



Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup smart balance butter
  • 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 cups 1% milk
  • 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 package of bacon (I would substitute turkey but I have to admit, the real stuff tasted yummy in this!)
  • 1 Lg Speer Broccoli, chopped
  • 1 pkg of fettucine noodles (I would substitute wheat)
  • 1/2 Onion Chopped
  • 2-Lg Chicken Breasts
  • 1-Pkg Grill Mates Tomato Garlic & Basil marinade

  • Garlic Bread (I would substitute whole wheat) & Salad
Directions
  1. Marinate chicken according to package directions. Cook bacon according to package directions, then add onion & cook.  Remove bacon & onion, putting in a separate bowl.  Add butter to saucepan & melt over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper, then add bacon & onion back to mixture. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.  In separate pot boil water according to pasta package directions, add broccoli the last two minutes of the boil. Grill chicken on outdoor grill, continuing to baste while cooking.  Slice up after cooked.  Drain noodles/broccoli and mix with sauce.  Serve with the chicken, warm bread & salad.  Happy Eating Friends! ~ Trina