Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Anti-Chicken Fingers Movement ~ Buffalo Chicken Rolls.

When Leah asked me to post her recipe, I jumped in glee!  Clayton has an ear infection, so I'm home for the second day this week and while he's napped, I've gotten stuff done (nothing insurance I'll have you know!).  There's many things I love as I'm quite the lover anyway-but oh, man how I love cooking (when  I have the time) and just food in general.  Leah, no worries girl - get your packing done for the big move, you are in good hands.  Here's our Wednesday recipe.  As always I'm trying to provide you healthy yet yummy.  The name deceiving? No worries, it's good for you so indulge!  Dinner, party, whatever you want...sounds like an appetizer but I have such a weakness for buffalo chicken, I've had for dinner with just a side salad!  


Ingredients
10 egg roll wrappers
1 - 2 chicken breasts
1/2- 2/3 cup hot sauce
1 cup cole slaw
1 cup cheddar cheese chunks or shredded (light or 2%)
Ranch dressing, for dipping (I suggest making your own or buying from a local restaurant)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

If you have enough room, you can lay out your egg roll wrappers and do this assembly line style
Lay out the wrapper and put some cole slaw on there, towards one corner of the wrapper 
Top with chicken & top with cheese
Fold the bottom up, then the left and right corners in, and roll it up!
Dab your finger in water and rub it along the edge to seal. - Repeat!
Now, put a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and you're almost ready to go.
Spray everything down with some nonstick, then put your little rolls on top
Give them a little shower of the spray too, for a little extra moisture.
Put them in for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with ranch!

Happy Eating Friends ~ Trina