Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Anti-Chicken Fingers Movement


Sour Cream Enchiladas ~
I got this recipe from my friend Iryna, she's an avid blog follower & has cooked many of our recipes, so I decided to steal one of hers!  YUMMY!!



1-Pint of light sour cream
2-Cans light or reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1-Can diced green chilis
2-Cups Grated Cheese (I used a mexican blend)
1-Lg Onion Chopped
1-Pd of Lean Ground Beef
1-Dash of Garlic Salt
1-Package of soft corn tortillas


Mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup & chilis.  Set aside.  Brown ground beef and season w/garlic salt.  Place 1/3 of sour cream mixture at bottom of long baking pan to cover bottom.  Put about 1 TBL of ground beef, a sprinkle of cheese & scoop of onion in a tortilla, roll up and put seam side down in pan.  Repeat until hamburger mixture is gone.  Pour remaining sour cream mixture on top of rolled enchiladas.  Sprinkle with cheese & bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


I tried serving with scallions on top after pulling out of oven.  Iryna swears her husband even runs to the store at the last minute to get any missing ingredients so she'll make this meal, and her son Dominick always asks for seconds.  I second that!!

Happy eating my friend!  *Trina

No comments: