Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Anti-Chicken Fingers Movement - Slow-Cooker/Kid Friendly Chili


Slow-Cooker/Kid Friendly Chili



My friend Megan suggested this recipe for the blog.  I know I just did a chili-pasta skillet but I couldn't pass up another yummy chili recipe to try on a relaxed fall day.  Especially a slow-cooker recipe, they are the best for any mom!!!
2-lbs ground lean beef
1-lg onion diced
4-cloves garlic
3-Tbs chili powder
1/8-tsp cayenne pepper
2-tsp cumin (I skip it, not a fan)
3/4-tsp salt
1-can kidney beans
1-can black beans
1-can "hot" chili beans
2- 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1-tsp Mrs Dash-Spicy

-Brown beef,drain. Mix everything together in slow cooker for 8-10 hours on low. Serve with diced onions and cheese. 
Megan suggested Cornbread as a great side dish - since I served cornbread with my last chili-pasta skillet recipe I tried it with shredded cheddar cheese, light sour cream & a few Fritos.  Delish!
Happy eating my friends!! ~Trina

No comments: