Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Recipe Spectacular - Pecan Pie

Okay, so I have to admit...I'm not a huge nut fan.  So, when I married my husband...whose from the south, I was surprised to find that this dessert was a huge hit in his household for just about every holiday.  We just didn't eat the stuff growing up!  And while I'm still not giving in (hey, I'd rather have pumpkin cheesecake!) to the craze, my mom made this the other day and even I will admit- it was delish!

Ingredients:
Premade frozen pastry shell
3-slightly beaten eggs
1-Cup corn syrup
2/3-Cup Sugar
1/3-Cup butter or margarine, melted
1-Tsp vanilla
1 1/4-cups pecan halves

Instructions:
Cook frozen pastry shell according to directions.  For filling, combine eggs, corn syrup,  sugar, butter and vanilla.  Mix well; stir in pecan halves. Pour filling into cooked pastry shell.  Cover edge of pastry with foil to prevent overbrowing.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 more minutes (or until knife test comes clean).  Cook on wire rack. Cover & refrigerate within two hours.